June 10-12 2021
The following are “essential functions” deemed necessary for all counselor and activity staff at Cedarbrook Camp in Pennsylvania:
- All staff must be able to visually identify any environmental hazards.
- All staff must be able to negotiate steps, both up and down.
- All staff must be able to communicate the essentials of the Christian faith to the campers in their care.
Responsible to: Division Director
Authority Limits: Must work within camp policies and procedures and submit all plans to the division director for approval.
- Care for the needs of the cabin group
- Cooperate with other counselors and staff members
- Help broaden campers’ interests
- Encourage spiritual growth
- Spiritual and emotional maturity
- Genuine love and concern for others
- Understanding of and agreement with camp aims and program philosophy
- Willingness to serve and to perform tasks beyond those assigned
- Knowledge of camper age-group characteristics
- Ability to get along with and motivate others to fulfill responsibilities
- Appreciation of the out-of-doors
- Desire to learn
- Physical stamina
- Neat appearance
- Conduct daily Bible study with cabin group
- Be responsible for cabin devotions each night
- Watch the health of campers, reporting any irregularities to the nurse
- Help the group acquire cohesion and unity
- Make required reports promptly and accurately
- Teach or assist in activities
- Spend quality time with each camper
- Help plan and participate in evening activities
- Check cabin and bathroom on departure day; campers/counselors will not be released until rooms are spotless
- Attend staff meetings
- Be with the campers, assuring their constant supervision in the cabin